Cornerstone Baptist Church

Our Church

The Thompson Chapel Church was organized as Congregational Church by the Rev. Mack in 1905. At the time, the church was located on the corner of Wofford and Thompson Streets in Spartanburg.

 In 1909, the Rev. Layman Morgan moved the church to a location on North Thompson Street. In the mid-1970s, the church moved to the corner of South Converse Street and Collins Avenue and was named "Cornerstone Baptist Church." The church was incorporated in 1979.

    /files/Images/CornerstoneChurch.jpg

The Lord has blessed Dr. Jackson with the vision of a new church campus to include a sanctuary, classrooms, athletic fields and more. The 144,000 square-ft. facility will allow the Cornerstone Ministry to spread to even more people, giving the surrounding community a chance to be involved in the service of Christ.

 

Spartanburg Herald-Journal news articles